True Worship - Part 11
The Results of Worship
A. God is glorified - Ps. 50:23a
B. Christians are purified - Ps. 23:3-4
C. The church is edified - Acts. 2:47
D. The lost are evangelized - 1 Cor. 14:23-25
The Preparation for Worship (Heb. 10:22)
A. The Call "Let us draw near"
B. The Checkpoints
1. Sincerity - "with a true heart"
2. Fidelity - "in full assurance of faith"
3. Humility - "having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience"
4. Purity - "and our bodies washed with pure water"
Every time you woship, prepare yourself by asking these questions:
1. Am I sincere? Is my heart fixed? Is my whole heart devoted to God?
2. Am I assured that I can come simply and only by faith, having the full assurance that it is sufficient?
3. Am I coming to God with the knowledge that the only reason I am here is because of what Christ has done for me?
4. Am I coming in purity - having dealt with any sin in my life?
The Barriers of Worship
A. The Worship of Repentance (2 Sam. 12:20)
B. The Worship of Acceptance (Job 1:20-21)
C. The Woship of Devotion (Genesis 22:4-5)