True Worship - 7
The object of worship - There is only 1 object.
Defined to us in two terms - Spirit and Father.
1. God as Spirit (His Essential Nature)
- He cannot be reduced to an image.
- He cannot be confined to a place.
Acts 7:46-50; Deuteronomy 6; Acts 17:24-25; Jeremiah 7:21-23
2. The holiness of God - God is holy, and He must be worshipped as holy.
- Holiness defined - "His unique othernes" "His unlikeness to human creatures"
- He is: flawless, without error, without sin/mistake, fully, righteous - utterly holy
The basic comprehension for true worshp is that God is holy!
Psalm 86:2-9; Hebrews 12:28b-29
God is a living, eternal, glorious, holy, merciful Spirit - the object of our worship.