Key Verse - 2 Chronicles 25:2
Half-hearted commitment results in ruin.
Amaziah never confronted the sin in his life - He was never truly passionate about the things of God.
A Portrait of Half-Hearted Commitment
1. Half-heartedness means a little bit of obedience.
2. Half-heartedness means being ambitious for yourself, but not for the Lord.
3. Half-heartedness means human wisdom, not God's wisdom.
4. Half-heartedness means concern for expedience over obedience.
5. Half-heartedness means being succeptible to the evils you campaign against.
6. Half-heartedness means rejecting the council of God in favor of the council or men.
7. Half-heartedness menas falling prey to pride.
A Portrait of the Resulting Sin
1. Immediate results: God's people were defeated/defenseless.
2. Long-range results: Wasted years for Amaziah
Satan doesn't need half your life to gain entry and bring you to ruin. He only needs ONE AREA where you refuse to let Jesus be Lord.
Mark 8:35 - For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.