Christian Fellowship - Part 1
- The word for fellowship means some thing held in common.
- Fellowship is a relationship of inter-dependence between more than one individual.
- Fellowship is never used to describe man's relationship to God before the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (which we have now)
- Several synonyms refer to unity expressed outwardly (related by love on basis of characterists, share in common enterprise, fellowworker, fellow-participant), but koinonia refers to the inner unity that is the basis for fellowship.
- Fellowship does not stop at an inward unity, because it is an action word.
- It is describing a unique relationship with Christ. We are in Christ and in Christ's body. But neither is fellowship. It is doing with Christ. It is a partnership in doing God's will. Fellowship with Christ is foundation for this work. It is not passive, but it is active!
- Fellowship is not doing just any thing, but it is actively doing God's will together.