Child Rearing - Part 3
1. Overall goal: Our children growing in love for God and others
2. Overall method: As God relates to us, so we must relate to our children.
A. Your example is primary.
B. Grace and love should be the defining characteristics of my life.
C. Teach your children to respect you from their youngest ages through proper correction and discipline
1. Your child's good, not your selfishness or anger, must be the basis for your correction.
2. We're exhorted to discipline our children diligently (Prov. 13:24)
3. Distinguish between immauturity and defiance.