Child Rearing - Part 2
Presupposition - SCRIPTURE ALONE is sufficient to equip us as good parents.
1. Overall goal: Our children growing in love for God and others.
A. Seek to bring your children to Christ.
B. Help your children grow in godliness.
C. Help your children cultivate godly relationships
1. Learn what biblical love means (1 Cor. 13:4-7; 1 Jn. 3:16-18, 4:7-21)
2. Learn how to resolve conflicts God's way (Eph. 4:25-32; 1 Peter 3:8-12)
3. Learn how to speak in a manner that builds up (Eph 4:29)
4. Learn how to be discerning in choosing friends (1 Cor. 15:33; 2 Cor. 6:14-7:1)
5. Learn how to minister to other kids, both through evangelizing and discipling them.